Sunday 18 December 2011

Grow a moustache and fight cancer!


For my next 30 day challenge, I’ll be growing a mustache to raise awareness and money for men’s health issues, and specifically prostate cancer research. Men of search and SEO, please join our team. You can raise awareness, or raise cash. And it’s super simple: just don’t shave your moustache for 30 days. The name of the event is Movember and it should be a blast. Here’s my profile page, for example.
To keep myself honest, here I am, clean-shaven, with a today’s issue of USA TODAY on November 1st:
Matt Cutts, clean shaven on Nov. 1st
By the way: Kim Kardashian is getting divorced‽! I really thought they had a love for the ages.
This is going to be an extra-fun 30 day challenge because I’m joining up with Duane Forrester of Bingand we’re both raising money for the cause. I have to warn Duane though: he might not realize how fast my moustache grows. For example, here I am just an hour after I shaved clean:
Matt Cutts, just an hour later!
That’s right Duane, I can grow a moustache in an hour, so look out! :) By the way, thanks to Mike Halvorsen for asking a timely question about Movember during our recent live Q&A on YouTube.
This should be quite a fun month:
- If you’re a woman (or a man who can’t or won’t grow a moustache), you can still help out the cause by donating to our team.
- Men, I hope you will grow a moustache this month. A great cause like Movember only comes around once a year–why not join us? All you have to do is not shave. It doesn’t get any easier than that.
- The Twitter tag is #seostache if you want to root us on. I hope to see some serious stache from fellow people of search!

No comments:

Post a Comment